More important than money and resources is knowing what to do. You can do a lot to validate your idea, with very little capital if you know how. Here are some great resources that will help you get started for very little investment. Note: spending a little money here, learning what to do effectively in “turning your idea into reality” will save you literally thousands of dollars later and save you hours and hours in wasted time.
Here are some great programs / resources to help you get started… Please note that some of the content may vary slightly in its directives, you may experience what we call “mentor whiplash” ie: conflicting advice. Note that that is part of the learning process, you will eventually find your flow of what works for you.
If you need a hand with any of this content, please contact your startup & innovation coach – [email protected]
1. First step consider these courses / resources
- How to build a startup – https://www.udacity.com/course/how-to-build-a-startup–ep245 [FREE]
- Emerging Entrepreneurs – https://tqn.emergingentrepreneurs.com.au/ [$249]
- Lean Academy – https://leanstack.com/bootstart-foundations/ [$297]
- Stanford Entrepreneurial Corner – http://ecorner.stanford.edu/ [FREE]
2. People to follow – As a starting point these are people who are worth following. Once you’ve consumed and applied all their content you’ll be well on your way to creating an epic company
- Steve Blank – https://steveblank.com/ Twitter – https://twitter.com/sgblank
- Eric Ries – http://theleanstartup.com/ Twitter – https://twitter.com/ericries
- Ash Maurya – https://leanstack.com/ Twitter – https://twitter.com/ashmaurya
3. That should be enough to get you started. Join us at our regular lunch & learn and startup & innovation labs to meet other like-minded people. Check our what’s on calendar for details