What is Collabor8?
Collabor8 is a digital business community of startups and established businesses investing in a local, collaborative business culture. A collaborative business culture improves prosperity and is underpinned by good communication and negotiation skills. Research shows business owners who connect with others increase their productivity, innovation and uncover better business solutions. Collabor8 uses current business communication and negotiation theory to help business owners develop these skills.Collabor8 helps business owners find others that want to create relationships for mutual benefit.
Where did Collabor8 originate?
The Collabor8 method originated from the Startup Tablelands Covid Catch-ups and was trialled with ST members. ST members discussed their business services and/or products, what each needed from other businesses to improve their own. Then, the group shared their skills (often skills they didn’t realise were really important) which could help fill the needs of the other businesses. Opportunities that arose from these sessions were reciprocal marketing opportunities, identified businesses that had skills to exchange with others, and strengthened the business relationships among attendees. The next step was to develop a digital tool that can help this process.
How Collabor8 works for you?
Collabor8 is a local business community that puts up-front what their business needs are and their exchange offerings. This fast-tracks finding other local businesses that will work best with you. These needs can be met through traditional monetary exchanges, however, what makes Collabor8 different from other networking programs or directories is that Collabor8 links businesses who would like other types of exchanges. These exchanges include:
Reciprocal /mutual marketing
- Find business partners to promote each other’s businesses for mutual gain.
Mentoring opportunities from business owners and entrepreneurs
- This could bring mutual support for each other’s businesses. Suggestions from others can be invaluable and help you find a good solution in less time.
- Businesses may have products and/or services they would like to promote together. For example, promote complementary products as a package to your target market.
Trade skills for skills
- Are you good at social media? And you need help to apply for a business grant. We will find you a match.
Why three workshops?
Each workshop builds on the next.
#1- Discover and create valuable business collaborations (people connecting with people physically to lay down the structure for the app in #2)
#2 Together we build the app to digitise these business collaborations
#3 Build your own app to boost YOUR business
Collabor8 #1: Saturday 24th April 2021
Collabor8 #2: Saturday 22nd May 2021
Collabor8 #3: Saturday 19th June 2021
Where: Startup Tablelands Hub next to Destiny Church
49 Loder Street, Atherton.
Time: 9 am– 1 pm- Morning tea and hot drinks included.
- $97 for all three sessions + free 12-month membership with ST (worth $47)
- $48.50 – Current Startup & Innovation Tablelands members
Get your tickets here: https://www.startuptablelands.org/collabor8-tickets/
Blended delivery: Attendees are welcome in person OR via zoom, and you can do a mix of both. Physical attendance caps at 30 people so book early.
In each workshop you will:
- Discover how our businesses strengthen others while strengthening your own
- Realise your hidden talents that may solve a problem for another business
- Explore what products/services/other exchange opportunities are possible
- Build an app based on data from the previous workshop
- Experience business collaboration – the group decides how the app works
- Create an app that will help you source the skills & products to complement and improve your business
- Learn how to use accessible lowcode / nocode tools to improve businesses
- Build your app based on what you’ve learnt from the previous workshops
- Let’s solve your problem!
- Use the experiences and skills from Collabor8 1 & 2 to develop a custom app to improve your business